Thursday, December 11, 2014

Snake Avoidance: Week 2 - Pulverizing Snakeskin



Now regarding my snake skin -- it's just a piece of air dried copperhead skin. I realize my sense of smell is non-existent compared to a dog's. But it's OK that there is no discernible odor?

When you say pulverize it, can I chop some up into fine pieces or do I need to crush it manually? And then I put it into some water and then freeze the bottle? Are there specific amounts of skin & water to use?

Cut the piece of skin in half. Put one half in a zip lock and freeze it. Put the other half in a bowl with a drop of water and using a spoon like a pestol, mash it and pulverize it into a damp ball. Then pull pieces off the ball and put in small containers with a tablespoon of water and let sit for an hour, then freeze. The pieces should be about 1/16th tsp or less. If you can get 10 vials, that should last the rest of the class.

You didn't say how long the piece of skin was. I can usually get 10 vials from a 4 inch by 2 inch piece of skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are wonderful things!