by Hannah Brannigan
Sensational Stays
I know it's counter intuitive, but impulse control takes a LOT of energy. It's one of the first things to go when we are tired.
Definitely reviewing foundation is always a good idea. I do it regularly with my guys. In fact, that is Gambit's (UDX) homework for the coming month.
It sounds like some good generalization work might be in order. It's somewhat beyond the scope of this class, but I play Adele Yunck's 20 treat game (or some version of it) with my young dogs. My version is we get in the car, drive somewhere, hope out and c/t for offered attention. I count and see how long it takes to go through 20 treats. Then we hop in the car and drive somewhere else and repeat. Grocery store parking lot, parks, pet stores, etc. As many different environments for quick mini-sessions.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!