Thursday, April 26, 2012
Right Side
While shopping at the Commissary today, I had Lily working on my right side. That rarely happens at the Commissary and, again, it needs more training. It can and should be a less stressful position.
What Right Side does when pushing a shopping cart - it keeps Lily between me and the oncoming traffic....usually. And she maintained a "next to me" position much more easily. But she clearly felt that she belonged on my left side and kept dropping behind me, waiting for the Change cue to return to the left. I would like Right Side to become Lily's "default" shopping position. For a while, at least.
Lily is great in the Commissary and in stores. She waits quietly and with duration, with her leash draped across her back, when I leave her to go and take something off of a shelf or behind a door in the freezer section. With Touch she is easily positioned parallel with the front of the cart or down beside it.
She ignores other shoppers, even children. I try to always protect her from children by placing her between the cart and them. She sits patiently while I unload the grocery cart. Her only "hole" is the temptation to sniff the floor on occasion. What she finds to sniff on the highly polished Commissary floor is beyond me. And, because it is so clean and shiny, there is nothing to alert me to a tempting floor scent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!