Thursday, April 26, 2012
Front
Front is not found in the new Levels. But it IS a CRO behavior. Because backing up 2 or 3 steps when cueing this behavior is permitted in CRO, I have been backing up 2 or 3 steps. Until I asked myself, "Why?"
But I don't WANT to have to back up. I don't WANT it to be a part of the behavior. So it's back to the 2 diagrams and re-teaching.
Since I don't have the diagrams taped out anywhere, I decided trying the small floor mat in front of me.
I have dropped the cue. I am C/T behind me and clicking for all 4 feet being on the mat. Working on distance......not position. If I have my toes on the front edge of the mat, in order for Lily to have all 4 of hers on the mat, she must almost be toe-to-toe with me. And that's what I'm after.
But, if I continue working only on her distance, she tends to end up catywhampus. So I am going to train the way Sue suggests in the original Levels: train Distance one day; train position on alternate days.
And I want to get this on video.
I'm wondering, too, how perch training would work with this. I have Shayla's crate apart and standing in the office upstairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!