The dog touches your hand with her shoulder. (while you are standing up)
Comeafter
The dog touches your hand with her shoulder. (while you are seated)
Our first session gets off to a rocky beginning. Thank goodness Lily knew that what I really meant was for her to target with her shoulder and not with her neck!
So many trainer mistakes in these first two sessions - what was I thinking, using the cue?
Session 1
Session 2
With each successive session, I get my trainer hat on a little straighter and Lily remembers - in spite of me. OTOH, it is in watching these sessions that I keep myself on track and correct my trainer mistakes.
Session 3
The next sessions are the ones that one is tempted to post.....ignoring the first two. But it is in watching the first two that get us to this "level" of training. Now we are in the groove. AND I have dropped the cue.
Session 4
There is a little superstitious nose touch of the wooden spoon here. Once that is extinguished, I will add the cue. And, yes, I know that by adding the wooden spoon I am actually going ahead to Step 2 of the behavior.
There is a little superstitious nose touch of the wooden spoon here. Once that is extinguished, I will add the cue. And, yes, I know that by adding the wooden spoon I am actually going ahead to Step 2 of the behavior.
Session 5
It was with Lily standing beside me in Tuck position that I first introduced this behavior.
It's really interesting to see your thought process. From haphazardly 'doing something' (how familiar) to calm, quiet, focused success. Very nice. I love how you always keep telling yourself to shut up. :D
ReplyDelete