Part One
Part Two
I have taught Lily to stop and Down on Recall. But I am going to use this as my starting point for building a strong "Stop on a Dime". The Level 3 Zen conversation has helped clarify for me my desire for an Emergency Stop. Anywhere. Any time. Any direction.
It WON'T be a 3-Minute behavior. And proofing it will keep me out and about. Win/Win.
It WON'T be a 3-Minute behavior. And proofing it will keep me out and about. Win/Win.
I am going to approach it, eventually, just like the Ian Dunbar Sit Test......train Lily to respond to the CUE (w/hand signal, because that comes naturally to me now) whatever position I am in, but also in whatever direction Lily is going.
That will, IMO, be the difficult part. For Lily to Stop on a Dime when running away from me.
Perhaps I will teach this as an "interrupter" (see The Snake Kit). I want Lily to eventually be able to respond to this when "She stashes her brain elsewhere for safekeeping while she flips out like a ninja at a pirate convention"......if possible.
Lily has learned other "emergency" behaviors - all contingency behaviors designed to help ME. This emergency behavior is designed to help HER.
The ultimate self control. The ultimate zen. And a worthy challenge.
Lily has learned other "emergency" behaviors - all contingency behaviors designed to help ME. This emergency behavior is designed to help HER.
The ultimate self control. The ultimate zen. And a worthy challenge.
A quick review
We'll go back to the basics and tighten this up
and take it on the road
Now I have a standard to measure by
Now I have a standard to measure by
I wonder. Now that we're "playing around" with Treibball skills, will I have to teach "Stop" and "Wait"? I'll think about that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!