Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Hind End Awareness

With the sun shining again, we have been out and about enjoying ourselves.  That means relaxed outings w/o training and w/o treats.

It also mean small jaunts to bleachers in Tidelands and on base.  We haven't worked the bleachers in quite a while and what little work we have done recently shows a need for more hind end awareness on Lily's part.

#1  I'm not luring, but the treats are in my hand.  This reminds me of when Dani introduced Lily to the agility walk almost the same way!  It was the wrong thing to do then and it's the wrong thing to do now.   Although we're on base and near the road and the ground squirrel field is beside us.....the leash comes off, too.



#2   Let's begin again.  Much better.  Lily knows the drill from the Contact Board and "walk on".  As long as she watches where she is going, as long as I reward at the end she can easily jump onto the bleacher and walk it.  I asked for the Sit too soon.


#3  After a few more "runs" to build Lily's confidence, I again ask for a Sit and Lily is able.  The video shows me that she is once again backing into her sit.  Lily Braces nicely from the Sit; I wait a second or two before cueing her to go forward and then ask for Lily to Wait.  Whenever she turns toward me, her balance falters.


#4  Sit is still a problem.


#5  This jump onto the bleacher was confident and successful.



#6  I wonder what Sue would see in this video.  Handler error?  Treat delivery?  Where is Lily's focus?  Is this a case of "patting your head and rubbing your stomach"?


Enough of this for today.  Let's go to the Marina for some fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are wonderful things!