|
|
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Lynn Shrove. Reason: Learning
|
|
While I try to figure out my problems submitting Lily's 4 "before" photos, I will submit Homework assignment 2: The 10S Stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f0QEX7aj4k Homework 3: Sit from a Stand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC35UaSQEqk Homework 4: Back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5b3bykgLJ0 |
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Lynn Shrove. Reason: Still learning
|
|
Beautiful Lily - one area that I would like to see stronger in her will be her rear. So, a lot of the exercises will focus on that! Great before photos! Post them on Wizard of Paws facebook page too!
|
|
Excellent on all of that! great job!
|
|
Rear end strengthening is EXACTLY what Lily needs! I am eager for week 2 to begin.
Lily accompanies me everywhere I go, but in SD working mode. When free at the park or at the beach, she is more of a 'sprinter' than a long distance runner. Altho ambulatory, I am limited in my ability to exercise Lily (walking, running). However, I have the use of a small electric wheelchair for that purpose and Lily is trained to work beside me when on it. I believe it has a max speed of 4mph. I would appreciate tips on how to best utilize this resource, if you think it is appropriate. Lily does not know how to swim!!! She plays in the water at the beach and fell into a swimming pool once. Lily thinks training is play (it's all games, isn't it?) so she also gets exercise with recalls and go outs, etc. but purely in a fun context. I have used cavaletti, ladder walking, home made proprioception courses, etc to increase her rear end awareness. Lily's outside toe on her left rear paw was amputated over a year ago due to a deep infection. |
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Lynn Shrove. Reason: typo
|
| |
|
I decided to video Lily doing the Sit/Stand exercise - 3 sets of 5. I found it an interesting video to watch and know that Deb will see waaaay more than I. I am working with a hand therapist right now and she has me exercising "2 sets of 20 reps twice a day" which has caused me to wonder if we are to be doing all 3 sets of reps together, as in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW4Pz0-TTVg |
|
Lynn - you did a great job -
|
|
3 sets of 5 means resting in between the sets of 5 - just like you did. You can give her a rest of a few seconds. Good job with it!
I definitely see a reluctance to come up from a sit to a stand - she is doing it quick! Let's see what we can do about that. |
|
I have a Bosu ball, paw pods, several exercise balls (I use for Treibball) from 55cm - 85cm, cones and PVC poles, stairs in my home and a local hardware store game to make anything. I have limited space and storage space but if there were a particular piece of equipment that would benefit Lily, I could get it.
|
|
All great Lynn - that will do just fine!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!