An unusual morning today. This has never happened before. I gave Lily her thyroid medication at around 3:30 AM. Then we both went back to sleep. We awakened at 5:30. I came downstairs to prepare Lily's breakfast but she stayed in bed. Eventually she came downstairs and lay on the floor in front of the kitchen.
I prepared her breakfast as usual and set it in the usual place. Lily ignored her breakfast. She was quieter than usual. I don't know anymore if I'm looking for more than I'm actually seeing. However, I pulled out the ice cream and let her lick a half a tub of Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream, thinking perhaps she was nauseous and needed to settle her stomach in order to eat her breakfast.
She slowly went over to her for food dish. And she eventually ate her breakfast. But not in her normal manner. I suppose I would describe her behavior as lethargic.
I don't want to make the ice cream a cure-all for everything, but I let her finish the last half of the small container of ice cream. Then I made a place for us both on the sofa with blankets for Lily to lay upon. If something were to happen I wanted it to happen downstairs instead of upstairs. Lily curled up and went to sleep for about an hour.
Now we are just having a quiet morning. The gardeners have been here and she has interacted with them. We have been upstairs and downstairs several times and made several trips to the garage. I filled the fleece ball and tied the strips into knots and she played with that for almost half an hour.
Maybe it's just one of those mornings. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!