Today is Thursday morning. It is approximately 6:20 AM.
Last night because of the heavy traffic after leaving the vet office, we didn't arrive home until 6 PM. I pilled and fed Lily at six.
This morning we slept in and I didn't give Lily her thyroid medication until 5 AM. I pilled and fed her the remaining medication at approximately 5:50 AM. Shortly after 6 AM Lily ran down the stairs to the front door. I followed and let her out. She ran directly to the bamboo patch and began eating the bamboo. Using that as my clue, I immediately went to the freezer and got out a small container of Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream which I then allowed Lily to lick half directly from the container.
Then….I waited to see what would happen.
I left the front door open. Lily was free to come and go as she wished. She could have returned to the bamboo patch. But… she didn't.
I carried something to the trash and she followed. We walked in the backyard and in the front courtyard. Then I return to the house but left the front door open. Lily voluntarily returned upstairs and jumped onto my bed.
I am assuming that she no longer felt nauseous and therefore was comfortable returning to the normal morning routine.
Dr. Ungar tested Lily's blood sugar yesterday and did a fructose test. I do not know the results.
Test results normal. But, as Dr Ungar says, "They are only a snapshot in time."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!