When I was first teaching Lily her in-the-house-get-help behaviors, getting on the floor and then getting up again, going up and down the stairs, falling to the ground on the flagstone weren't the problem that they are today.
That being said, I am once again challenging Lily with these response behaviors and just living with the bruises, the stiffness and the breathlessness. Living up to my 10 - 14 times a day is testing my determination.
The buzzer on the ECB has stopped functioning. It has nothing to do with the functionality of the dialing mechanism. Gerry added it for me so that I could hear from greater distances when Lily's paw hit the box. I am going to have to take both boxes to Fred (the real box and the training box) or to Coronado Hardware and see if they can resolve the problem. It probably just needs a battery, but the last time that I took the boxes apart I had great difficulty putting them back together again.
I am reteaching the Dedicated Phone using string cheese as the reward. Lily seems eager and happy to perform her Emergency Call Box behavior chain for duck kibble. I always train these behaviors with food rewards - always have and always will. These are high value behaviors and I want Lily to always expect high value rewards for performing them.
Batteries are fine. Just a loose connection.
Now the challenge of matching those long screws into their holes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!