The Level II CRO signs, description and courses are ready to go (rearranged re: Sue and Jan). The large jump is out and easily packed alone. My new cones are bagged. We began this morning incorporating Distance "Go By"/"Away" using various targets - a single cone, a mat, one of the Treibballs.
So just with the behaviors in this new CRO Level, we will utilize Jump, Distance, Down, Sit, Change, Tuck, Side, Target. In new and different contexts.
Now that I have reorganized equipment, Lily and I can easily return to train at the Marina. We can go to Tidelands. I want to walk through these new courses (5 and 4). Jan is coming down next Wednesday to "play CRO" with us.
Adverbs
When watching an excellent training video on Treibball by PawState U, I was struck how this exercise with the Treibball as the target is really the same Go Out/There (Sit or Down) behavior that we began working on with Sue. So this morning we worked a little more on going out to a target, stopping on cue and performing either Sit or Down or remain standing.
Then I changed targets, from the Treibball to a cone.
Then I removed the target altogether. But Lily looks for a target and goes to the mat. I was standing behind the camera and directing with my left arm. When that didn't move her, she listened to what I was asking ... and moved.
Next I used the same cue, There with Down, and instead of sending out, I used it for a Drop on Recall. Lily still prefers downing on carpet instead of tile! (Who can blame her?)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!