Week 6 Game 2 Ghost Walker
Meaning if the dog leaves you, the helper just stops forward motion and will resume moving when the dog reengages with the owner ?
yes
The ghost can also keep the dog from getting into trouble or going for one of the distraction piles.
Hi , for todays game Drunkards walk do we need to use a ghost ?
Both games are similar yes?
it is quite important to train for them -I call them sudden environmentals -things that just appear out of no where. Hate them :)
Both games are similar yes?
it is quite important to train for them -I call them sudden environmentals -things that just appear out of no where. Hate them :)
Yes, a ghost would be handy. Katrina and I used a ghost for Java and then retired the ghost and eventually took him off leash for Snake Alley which is the last game !!!
These three games - Ghost Walk, Drunkard's Walk and Snake Alley are pretty much the same game with the difference being how much we allow the dog to make the decisions without our influences or safeguards. Everything we've done to this point is preparation for these three games.
You can use everything you've learned, and actually in Drunkard's Walk, try to use everything - Away, Leave It, Back Up, Ready and anything else like Off, Heel, Come that your dog already knows thoroughly.
Sudden Environmental Changes are tough, but with a dog who knows how to make decisions, understands choices and what is and isn't a good choice, it's easier. This is what we've been working toward.
These three games - Ghost Walk, Drunkard's Walk and Snake Alley are pretty much the same game with the difference being how much we allow the dog to make the decisions without our influences or safeguards. Everything we've done to this point is preparation for these three games.
You can use everything you've learned, and actually in Drunkard's Walk, try to use everything - Away, Leave It, Back Up, Ready and anything else like Off, Heel, Come that your dog already knows thoroughly.
Sudden Environmental Changes are tough, but with a dog who knows how to make decisions, understands choices and what is and isn't a good choice, it's easier. This is what we've been working toward.
so about how many things should I use .
1 scent of cat
2. fake cat
3 fake cat with sound on
4 fake dog
5 food on the ground
6 remote control car
what else if I had no helper -if I can find more than one helper I could do the pot banging thing ???
1 scent of cat
2. fake cat
3 fake cat with sound on
4 fake dog
5 food on the ground
6 remote control car
what else if I had no helper -if I can find more than one helper I could do the pot banging thing ???
toys, piles of trash and leaves if you still have some hanging around, a snowman or a family of them :), an empty box (my guys always want to explore empty boxes), shoes if she's ever had a shoe fetish, anything that she pays too much attention to in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!