Saturday, January 3, 2015

Snake Avoidance - Flirt Pole Fun



I do not use food or flavors, although I might use scent like coyote piss. 
I think the difference is how I use a flirt pole and how others do it is that I want my dogs to think, to make quick decisions based on available data and to figure out patterns and predict the future. So I don't do in circles, I make that "rabbit" flip and flop all over the place as fast as possible. I have herding mixes, they move !!!



How to get a dog playing, even one that doesn't normally play. You start slow, the rabbit crawls and teases by coming close and moving away, but it's all in slow motion. Touch and retreat, flirt and walk away. If the dog is totally disinterested even with that, I will whip up a LONG fleece tug toy and tie it to me somehow so that it's always flipping around my feet as I move. Eventually, any dog will try to take it away from me and the game starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are wonderful things!