Today we went back to the beginning:
- touch
- touch harder
- two-fers
It will be up to me and my clicker timing to prevent Lily from putting the clothing into her mouth.
And I must be very clear about my criteria. If I'm not clear, it won't be clear to Lily.
Ow! I'm not explaining the criteria clearly enough. And, yes, I do click a time or two when Lily takes my blouse in her mouth. This is the value of videoing my training. The camera does not lie!
It is more difficult for Lily with me seated. The nose touch is getting stronger. I am hoping that it will turn into a definite, persistent nudge.
Working on this particular behavior is a reminder on how easy it is to "read" Lily......her drooling and the rate of drool is the most obvious sign of her training "frame of mind".
So, too, are treats. Lily's behavior is "treat driven", but in a different context. The higher the value of the treat (referring to food treats here), the more difficult it is for her mind and her body to connect!
In the videos above, when she catches my skin, I was using Natural Balance Turkey Log. When I switched it down a notch to Natural Choice Blueberry treats, she was able to think a little more.
I KNOW THIS ABOUT MY DOG! It's nothing new. Why can't I remember it????
Turkey Log is for high distraction areas. Blueberries are really HV when training in the house. And particularly for behaviors requiring self-control.
Working on this particular behavior is a reminder on how easy it is to "read" Lily......her drooling and the rate of drool is the most obvious sign of her training "frame of mind".
So, too, are treats. Lily's behavior is "treat driven", but in a different context. The higher the value of the treat (referring to food treats here), the more difficult it is for her mind and her body to connect!
In the videos above, when she catches my skin, I was using Natural Balance Turkey Log. When I switched it down a notch to Natural Choice Blueberry treats, she was able to think a little more.
I KNOW THIS ABOUT MY DOG! It's nothing new. Why can't I remember it????
Turkey Log is for high distraction areas. Blueberries are really HV when training in the house. And particularly for behaviors requiring self-control.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!