Saturday, November 6, 2010

More ideas for Home Depot


Karen has found a nearby Home Depot that welcomes her and Webster. That's a wonderful opportunity. I love HD (and Lowe's) as training locations. Most HD customers are there for a purpose and tend to ignore you while you are training, while providing extraordinary distractions with carts of every description. They open early. Lots of noises you don't find elsewhere. Even the bathrooms offer great training opportunities. And training OUTSIDE of HD is as good as inside.

Here are some ways that I utilized Home Depot in Lily's training. I'll bet you can come up with a hundred more.











3 comments:

  1. I love it Lynn! Lily is riding a 'yellow bus' in your HD; they are orange here. What I wished I could have done is flip me taking Webster from the parking lot into the store on his 'Orange Bus." Maybe the next challenge is going to be, see what your dog can do in Home Depot!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Lily's training I was always looking for places to expose her to men...their voices, their smells, their mannerisms. HD is definitely a "guy" place. In fact, I still occasionally get email from a retired attorney who we met in HD and who now wants a Lily of his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I will pass this along ( and us it too!) to my "civilian" training friends! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are wonderful things!