Friday, November 5, 2010

The many faces of Go to Mat



Shaping to lie down and curl up in small, confined spaces




Simulating a bus or airplane space
Preceding me into a seat
Remaining in position until cued to move
When we were working on GTM in small places
we spent many mornings in both the back seat and the passenger seat of my SUV
with Lily on the floor between my legs while I sipped on my morning coffee
and read a book.




Lily's first ride on the Red Bus in BP
Yes, this too is GTM.



1 comment:

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!! Great ! LOVE the narrow aisle practice!!! Now all you need is the barking growling writhing "service dog" in someones arms for a real life simulation! : ) I will be copying this aisle work wonder where I can find some passengers with food and cats and kids!

    We also practice with two chairs ( Boon sits in front of me between my feet, then I cue a down and she slides her bum under the chair in front of me and her head under the chair I am sitting in! VERY airplane like! Also practicing staying in that one position without moving for a long time is helpful because on a full plane there isn't anyway to move or reposition. Great stuff! I will be

    ReplyDelete

Comments are wonderful things!