Thank you, Sue Ailsby.
Thank you, wooden spoons everywhere.
Thank you, canned dog food.
Sue suggested luring Lily w/peanut butter on a wooden spoon and then rewarding her with a lick of the peanut butter.
Lily is on a special diet right now for Gerd and shouldn't have PB, even low fat.
So I smooshed the canned EN into the bowl of the wooden spoon.
Light pressure backwards onto the handle of her vest,
lure her forward w/the food on the spoon,
click any forward motion and reward with a lick.
We had done this exercise before (Step One L1 Lazy Leash)
but I was seated. When I thought deeply, tho, I realized that I had been teaching Lily to brace when I pull on the vest to assist me in rising.
So I decided to teach pull in the position that I will be in when I want her to pull - me standing and Lily in heel position.
Although it is not visible in the video, I was pleasantly surprised to know that Lily did not use the food in the spoon as an indiscriminate target. She actually waited until there was pressure on the handle before she moved forward. Success by inches.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!