Had a long training discussion with Robin this morning which has led me to the next steps in the Pulling lessons.
- with Lily parallel to my body, give the exact amt of pressure to the handle that will be my final desired pressure before luring her forward
- put desired backward pull on the handle and then lure a step or two forward
- drop lure and replace with hand direction or target
Robin's Jonathan will spend the majority of his time in harness pulling.
Lily will only pull occasionally.
Robin uses the verbal cue, "Forward".
I will want the pressure on the chest to be the cue. So then, why did I introduce a verbal cue? And at the wrong time, too? Thankfully I didn't break my dog, but will not give a verbal cue in our next session.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are wonderful things!