Thursday, October 25, 2012

CRO: Level II - Course 10 P: The Next Sequence


The next goal is to go back to Tidelands or the park on base and work on putting Course 10 P together.  We've been doing this sequence at home and it's time to spread out and place signs on the ground.

The final stations of Course 10 P are:

  • Start (in tuck position)
  • Front. Dog 360
  • Single Jump.  Figure 8
  • Stop.  360
  • Stop.  360.  (pivot)  Dog on outside
  • Left turn
  • Left turn
  • 270 Right
  • 270 Left
  • 360 Right
  • 360 Left
  • Finish

And.......go back and review Stations 1 - 7 on the Right Side, with a 90 degree Left Transition.

I want to do more Jump work, adding the second pole and work on rear end awareness gradually adding height.

I am learning from the experienced Rally trainers on the CRO list that they almost universally all familiarize themselves with the course (without the dog) until they anticipate what is coming next. For me, I am finding that these mini-courses make for a relaxed, comfortable flow.  And, an added benefit, is entire sequences for a single reward.

Yesterday I got out the blue binder and started reading through Course 11 and breaking it down into mini-courses, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are wonderful things!