Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CRO: Day 1

This morning we made the leap.  Selected the course.  Arranged the signs in order.  Found a location.  And set out.

LOCATION:  Il Fornaio parking lot
TIME:  8AM
COURSE:  Level 1/Course 1
EQUIPMENT:  Hands free leash


First time through the course.



Second time through the course:



OBSERVATIONS:
  • camera did not capture the entire course
  • numbering the stations is primary!
    • I got lost on the course both times
    • the numbering system is the first one that I will resolve (for hard surface and/or grass)
  • 5 minutes is plenty of time to complete this course (Level 1: Course 1)
  • this location is a good one
    • Lily is working under threshold BUT aware of all the activity around us
    • at this time of the morning there are plenty of distractions: dog, human, environmental that adds a "real life" element to the exercise
    • plenty of room in the parking lot to set out the course and to work undisturbed
  • Lily worked well for minimal treats
    • treats used:  Z/D
    • I think she will soon complete the course treat free, although I will continue to randomly reward.....because I can and it makes it more fun for her 
  • I learned to remove the hands free leash for the following behaviors:
    • down/walk around
    • front/circle/finish
    • Schutzhund turn
    • practice these behaviors leashed at home so that she understands
  • I think at this location at this time Lily could have worked off leash and handled distractions

A good way and a good time to begin the day.  Then on to the marina or to the Cays dog run for play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are wonderful things!