Using L1 Target to put Lily in PRECISELY the position that I want.
I can move her forward or backward using the palm position
Then L2 StandStay goes in to effect.
I want to practice this enough that staying where she has been placed
becomes default.
Lily sits into her hind legs, so if I position her Stand directly in front of me
when she Sits, she is off to one side or the other.
Once again, using L1 Target, I can compensate for her anatomy
and direct her into a Sit directly in front of me.
Nad has this same Sit problem.
Same thing getting Lily into a Down position in front of me.
If she ends up a little too far forward or a little far back,
I can reposition her using my L1 Target.
Now it's a matter of re-teaching and training these behaviors
in different and challenging environments.
BMO
This is a perfect example of where the above skills would be extremely useful.
Great exercise and good reminder to us all. Also practicing the sit with the dog facing backwards beside you when you are at the ticket machine, atm etc is great for PTSD because the dog can see anyone coming up giving a sense of comfort. This is similar to "block" ( go six / whatever) again good practice of the L1 target and a sit for positioning
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! Now superimpose lines of "civilians" behind the teams (on a busy holiday when the movie business is booming). Once we have the above exercise down pat, let's practice it with the dogs facing forwards beside us (both sides). Then we need a solid Zen (not-greeting strangers Zen: no licking, no sniffing, etc). THEN the "block". From easy beginnings wondrous things emerge!
ReplyDelete